The Traffic Manager will serve as the central contact point for all project work that flows through the Agency. The Traffic Manager will act as the liaison between the Creative and Account Management teams to set deadlines and make sure that work flows efficiently through the Agency from the initial brief, through the production and approval process, and the release of final files. They will also be responsible for checking to make sure each task has been completed before it goes back to Account Management for the final internal approval before sending to the client or releasing to a publication, etc.
The Traffic Manager will be responsible for knowing the status of all jobs at all times and will manage all resources by maintaining and issuing schedules to each member of the agency team that is working on a campaign. Schedules will provide key dates for clients to review and approve work.
The Traffic Manager will ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget. They will be able to effectively problem solve with appropriate partners when the inevitable snags arise in the production process.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Develop agency traffic workflow process and information flow.
- Conduct Weekly Work Flow meetings (WWF) with Account and Creative teams.
- Develop detailed project schedules based on available resources using Workamajig.
- Maintain creative teams PTO schedules to make sure there is adequate coverage at all times.
- Work with Account team to determine when freelance services are needed.
- Follow the freelance policy and coordinate when outside services are needed.
- Lead Production Meetings where approved concepts are passed off to/discussed with Production Artists, etc.
- Route (and follow up on) designs/copy/mechanicals for internal and client approvals.
- Help prioritize tasks with appropriate parties and work closely with the Account team to make sure all deadlines are met.
- Act as the main point of contact for all creative scheduling.
- Check work at each stage to ensure all changes have been made prior to moving forward.
- Maintain up to date information on all open projects in Workamajig (e.g., changing schedules) and provide timely updated status reports (daily, weekly, etc.).
- Ensure that all tasks completed have been marked complete.
- Make adjustments to each job schedule and overall workload as job demands change.
- Meet regularly with production personnel to access workload.
- Get all stakeholders’ input (creative and account service).
- 5+ years of experience in relevant traffic/project management environment
- Advertising agency experience required
- Workamajig experience preferred
- Must have a 4-year college degree
- Excellent computer skills - experience with Word, Excel, project management software and be willing to learn new systems as needed
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer service and act as a mediator between Account teams when priorities must be reevaluated.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- This position works in an office environment, requiring the ability to operate a computer, sit, stand, walk about the work environment, bend, reach and kneel.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Basic Skills Needed
- B.A. in related discipline
- Advanced Mac skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal)
- Positive attitude and solutions oriented mentality
Share this Job Posting: