Senior Account Manager
Level of Experience:
Account Supervisor or Director of Client Services
A Sr. Account Manager works across a number of sectors, including advertising, digital and marketing. Their role within the agency is to be the liason between the client and rest of the agency; they will oversee projects on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that they run smoothly and achieve their potential, as well as managing their internal team to ensure success for given accounts.
Daily contact with clients is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential to the productive communication process. Often, a Sr. Account Manager will be expected to pitch to clients, so a very confident and assertive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits. Having a self-starter attitude is a must within this role; there will be general training provided, but no hand holding – you must have the ability to asses the account and dig into the work.
This is a fast-paced environment that is both demanding and fulfilling, involving the coordination of internal and external staff. The agency will also depend on you to give your projects direction (in tandem with the agency’s directors) and work with the various internal teams to maintain a clear strategy and on-time and budget delivery of projects to achieve the very best outcome for the client.
- The day-to-day management of clients’ marketing and advertising campaigns
- Pro-active leadership that encourages teams to perform to the best of their ability
- Regular communication and liaison with clients at a senior level; this includes the ability to troubleshoot and/or professionally discuss problems with your team and/or client; provide client with solutions and implement a plan of action accordingly
- The organization of client feedback and dispersement to team in a clear fashion
- Generating accurate reports and status notifications
- Pitching fresh and innovative ideas to clients proactively
- Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Using your knowledge and skills to push clients, the team and the agency in the most productive direction
Every agency needs slightly different skill sets, so a Sr. Account Manager needs a wide range of abilities. For Santy, these include:
- Significant experience (5-7 years) in professional client relationship management
- A solid background in advertising, marketing, strategy and digital capabilities
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present work and/or assist in pitching ideas, budgets, creative, etc. to the client
- Keen attention to detail
- Effective team management capabilities and the ability to instruct and delegate tasks to your team in order to ensure on-time delivery of work
- Know budgetary amounts and restraints; ability to manage this on a monthly basis
- Full responsibility for the monthly billings of a client, as well as internal billing processes
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including social and digital platforms
- The willingness to note relevant trends and develop ideas and communicate to team and/or client as necessary
- The ability to work as an authoritative figure in a busy team and with other peers within the Agency
- Ability to provide lateral leadership and guidance to others on your broader Account Team to provide counsel as needed
This is an office-based role (not remote) in our Scottsdale location that will require you to spend time in meetings and briefings, a lot of written and verbal correspondence, as well as staying in close contact with clients. From time to time, some travel may be required for important meetings on your key accounts. It can be demanding, so real motivation is required to thrive. Working hours will be standard office times – 9am to 6pm, unless other arrangements are made; however deadlines may stretch these hours further from time to time.
Share this Job Posting: