Public Relations Account Executive
The PR Account Executive will interface directly with clients as well as serve as critical team support. The right person will hit the ground running and will be a self-starter, quick learner and understand the importance of immediate success.
Our PR team members are responsible for developing client strategy, ongoing and off-the-cuff client counsel, content development (both long and short-form writing projects), media relations and negotiating earned media with social influencers. It is the expectation that the person who fills this position will be comfortable pitching local, national, spot market and trade media on behalf of clients.
Santy’s PR clients range from B2B, government and nonprofit to consumer packaged goods. Our PR Account Executive will be expected to know our client’s industries through diligent monitoring of the media, be able to shift gears quickly and negotiate “fluff” morning TV appearances as well as placement of editorials.
- Client counsel – both for writing projects and for event planning purposes
- Writing for print, online and social channels
- Gathering information, planning and managing event logistics
- Responding to last-minute and after-hours client needs
- Crisis management
- Anything and everything else!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have their own insured vehicle (sorry, you can’t Uber everywhere)
- Have a degree in journalism or public relations, with working knowledge of AP style
- Have at least five years experience in an agency setting
- Be proficient in MS Word and able to work in other applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adept at social media tools
- Ability to work independently, quickly and with an energetic team
- Comfortable with challenges and working under pressure
Share this Job Posting: